HairSmart vs Nutrafol- The Best Supplement for Hair Growth
Nutrafol and HairSmart both are hair wellness brands that are focusing on a plant-based approach to hair growth with no side effects to the body. On one hand - we have Nutrafol which was founded almost a decade ago, is the biggest brand in the hair growth supplement space with the largest market share among consumers and the professional channel with extensive distribution offline and online. HairSmart, on the other hand is the newest kid on the block, launched in 2021, founded by an Indian-origin woman, on the principles of 5000-year-old science of mind-body-spirit wellbeing from India called Ayurveda.
So, the question is, does big brand backing that goes with Nutrafol make it the best? Or Is HairSmart the latest and greatest in hair loss treatment?
To find out which of these two hair wellness brands is better, we have compared extensive information across pricing, ingredients, and popularity to see which is better to serve your needs.
👉 Long Story Short:
- Choose HairSmart if you are looking for high-quality ayurvedic hair growth products at a low price.
- Choose Nutrafol if you don't mind spending extra bucks and looking for a widely used solution.
A new company to blend 5000 year old eastern Ayurveda with Western science to give you the best of both worlds. It also offers six distinctive hair growth medicines and alternative solutions for hair growth:
- Grow Laser Cap: Improves cellular metabolism of the hair follicle to help stimulate hair growth, makes hair thicker, fuller & stronger.
- Repair Vitamin: Revitalizes thin Hair and eventually strengthens hair roots. This is the product that we are comparing today
- DHT Blocker: Blocks DHT from shrinking the hair follicles and activates future hair growth, suitable for men and women.
- Grow Serum: Rejuvenates hair and strengthens roots to grow healthy hair.
- Protect Oil: Deeply moisturizes the scalp to prevent premature graying, hair fall, split ends, and gives soft, silky, and shiny texture to hair.
- Protect Shampoo: Gently cleanses the scalp, maintains PH Balance, & strengthens hair.
- Clinically approved hair care products to reduce shedding and increase hair thickness.
- A perfect blend of Therapy, Ayurveda & Nutrition to treat the root cause.
- The brand follows an Ayurvedic approach towards product manufacturing.
- If you hesitate to take pills, Hair Smart offers you many hair growth alternatives.
- Low prices natural hair growth products.
- Provide a supplement-free solution.
- The brand offers combo packaging of products at a discount.
- Free Shipping in the USA.
- A relatively new brand in the market.
- Focused on results, not heavy budget marketing.
- Very limited distribution - available through their website and a few select online and offline stores and hair loss professionals and physicians.
Nutrafol is an oral supplement provider which provides hair loss tablets and capsules. The company claims to use naturally sourced botanicals in its products and treat various hair issues that are prevalent nowadays.
Every hair care product manufactured by Nutrafol is intended to improve hair growth and increase the thickness of hair. These are the five alternative solutions they offer:
- Women: Enhances hair growth, thickness, and strength
- Women’s Balance: Aids in hair growth and thick hair strands.
- Postpartum: Supports hair thickness and less shedding.
- Men: Increase hair growth, thickness, and decrease baldness.
- Scalp Support: Works as a hair growth activator.
- Industry leader, the most popular hair supplement brand with widespread distribution and endorsements.
- Clinically approved products to reduce shedding and increase hair thickness.
- Their products are a perfect blend of quality sourced vitamins and minerals.
- Provide a drug-free solution that is widely used.
- The brand offers products for both postpartum women and men.
- Free Shipping in the USA
- Nutrafol Serving size is 4 pills a day which can be tough to comply with
- The price at $88/month, roughly $1000 annually is quite steep and out of reach for the average American.
- Highest side of the price spectrum for hair supplements on the market.
- Results are not immediate as it takes time for the natural ingredients to have a visible effect. Recommended usage is 6-8 months to see results
- Has fish-derived ingredients which may not be for everybody
"What makes Hair Smart a head-to-head Competitor of Nutrafol?"
HairSmart’ Prices are Tough for Nutrafol to Beat
Both the brands address various hair concerns, be it growing your hair with a chemical-free solution, strengthening hair follicles, or providing a solution for the treatments for hair loss. HairSmart has a certain edge as it follows the Ancient Ayurveda formula that treats hair damage from its root as compared to the competitors focusing on temporary solutions. Moreover, Nutrafol is far more expensive than Hair Smart.
With that said, in terms of price value, you can consider Hair Smart, which offers more quantity at less price. In terms of quality, you can take recommendations from your dermatologist on which products are best to apply at night and during the day.
Ingredients Used by Hair Smart Gives it a Competitive Edge
HairSmart Hair grow products combine 6 different variations of vitamin B such as B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6 to build a formula that aids the production of collagen and eventually encourages hair growth. Although Nutrafol hair growth products also claim to grow your hair with a combination of different vitamins, lack of vitamin B (which helps create red blood cells, which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles resulting in fast hair growth) leaves Nutrafol behind HairSmart.
A perfect blend of 6 amino acids, 10,000 mcg biotin, 14 ayurvedic medicinal plants, and a 100% biodegradable packaging system has given Hair Smart an advantage over its competitors.
HairSmart v/s Nutrafol: There’s a Clear Winner
To conclude, both haircare brands excel in helping people. They understand the concerns of their customers be it hair loss, dandruff, damaged hair, or anything else, HairSmart Vitamin is better value and is more comprehensive in nature and apples to apples - has more good stuff in it than Nutrafol!
👉 But still, a few aspects make HairSmart & Nutrafol head-to-head Competitors!
HairSmart follows the "healing from within" principle; target the imbalanced elements of your body directly using natural resources or their combinations, curing the root cause of your hair problems and allowing the self-healing of hair. They follow a preventive approach to hair care.
Nutrafol manufactures oral supplements for hair issues and claims to target underlying elements of hair loss. They follow a curative approach to hair care. Still, Hair Smart's approach is totally beyond comparison as the business has scrutinized a mystical Ayurveda solution to strengthen your hair.
If you are a first-time buyer seeking a Natural hair care solution, we recommend HairSmart over Nutrafol because of their blend of Therapy, Science & Ayurveda. On the flip side, you can consider buying Nutrafol' products if you are looking for a widely used solution and have a few extra bucks to pay for that.
We hope this guide has helped you enough. Tell us in the comment section what you are planning to buy, or if you already use the products of any of these two brands, tell us your experience so far.