7 Best foods to boost hair growth and immunity
Protect your hair from thinning and your body from diseases by including these 7 simple foods in your diet.
“You are what you eat”
You must have heard this old adage that you are what you eat. In simple words, your body reflects what you feed it with.
If you put in a healthy and balanced diet, your body will look healthy, fit, and fine. But if you feed your body with crap like junk food then it will show nothing but junk to you!
The human body needs the right amount of nutrients to function properly and have good metabolism. A Balanced diet with the right amount of nutrients not only helps in keeping our body fit, but it also helps in promoting hair growth. In today’s fast-paced life when people eat only what’s readily available, it is good to know the foods that help in promoting hair growth.
Because nutrition is an important reason behind all your hair related problems. While other causes of hair loss like genetics, aging, and hormones are difficult or almost impossible to be avoided, nutrition is something that is in your control.
So let’s get started with our #SmartNutrition
Before that, do you Want to know the exact reasons behind your hair loss? Take this simple 2 minute quiz.
7 Foods that promote good hair health
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of two valuable elements required for hair health- proteins and biotin. They are also a great source of selenium, zinc as well as many other nutrients. Our hair follicles are mainly made of protein. So basically, eggs provide you the building blocks for new hair. And Biotin helps in the production of keratin that further helps in improving overall hair health.
- Berries: Berries are a big storehouse of beneficial compounds and vitamin C that has strong antioxidant properties. These antioxidants protect our hair follicles from damage caused by free radicals that exist naturally in our environment. It also helps the body in producing collagen which strengthens the hair and prevents it from breakage by becoming brittle.
- Spinach and other green leafy vegetables: Leafy green vegetables should be a staple in every person’s diet considering the number of nutrients they are loaded with. This includes iron, folate, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, all of which helps in promoting hair growth and maintaining better hair health.
- Sweet Potatoes: A great storehouse of vitamin A and beta carotene, sweet potatoes promote the production of sebum in the body that keeps our hair in better health.
- Citrus fruits: Your body requires a certain amount of Vitamin C for healthy iron absorption. The said vitamin is also needed for collagen production that helps in ensuring a regular supply of nutrients through capillaries to hair shafts for quick hair growth. You can opt for oranges or even a chilled glass of lemonade to sort your daily needs. And the best thing about citrus fruits is that- they are so mouth-watering!
- Nuts and Seeds: Loaded with highly beneficial Omega 3 Fatty acids, nuts, and seeds help in nourishment and thickening of our hair. These healthy fats cannot be produced by the body, so you need to derive them from your daily diet. Start opting for almonds, walnuts, and flax seeds as a mid-meal snack to supplement your diet with a ton of healthy fats that not only help your body but also fulfill the healthy hair Vitamin E and zinc needs.
- Avocado: Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and nutritious vitamins while being healthy and tasty. They help in providing Vitamin E and C, both of which are antioxidants that combat oxidative stress by neutralizing the free radicals present in our environment. In addition, they are a great storehouse of fatty acids that cannot be produced by our body but are essential building blocks or our body and hair.
4 Worst foods for your hair
Let us now also take a look at some of the foods that you need to avoid if you are looking for healthy hair hygiene. Because more than what good you do, it’s bad that affects the results after all ;)
Remember the bottom line- what you eat has a huge effect on your hair health. Your hair’s nutritional needs can only be compensated with a healthy diet. With regards to the energy needs of your hair, there is a revolutionary new therapy called Hair pro laser caps, now also available in India that uses Low-Level Laser Therapy to rejuvenate and reactivate the dormant hair follicles in order to promote better hair growth.
Call your nearest Hairpro expert today to get expert advice on your hair and do not forget to add the above-discussed nutrients in your diet for additional help.
Have a great day ahead!